Just a short update on how the New Year has faired so far.
Each week I’ll be (trying) to do a weigh in to gauge my progress to running the Brighton Marathon a good few pounds lighter than at the turn of the year.
I know that these things seem easier when you’re just in “in the zone” so I’m hopping that blogging about it will keep me in that zone for as long as possible.
Anyway, we’re one week in to the New Year – how is everyone getting along with their plan and resolutions? From my perspective it was about getting back to fitness, more clean living and dropping a few pounds. Here’s what I have changed:
- Back on the training plan and I have run 4 times/27 miles
- Completely cut out some “bad” stuff:
- The B’s = bread, biscuits, booze
- The C’s = crisps, chocolate, cheese
- Used My Net App to stay on top of what’s going in and what’s being burned
- Started back on skimmed milk and cereal for breakfast
- Fast food now means soup
- Drinking herbal teas as a direct substitute to wine!
I’m pleased with progress on everything other than fitness – but that’ll come back with time. I’ve already lost 5lb’s in weight and that is just the motivation I need to get out for a run later! I hope it’s going well for you too?